It's crazy that the last day of November is here! I have had so much that I have been thankful for over the past month, and I am glad to have started this tradition to help me see all that I am truly blessed with. Tonight the thing that I am thankful for is the most important thing in my life: the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
It is impossible to separate who I am from my beliefs: I am who I am because of what I believe, and what I believe is who I am. I know that God lives, that He is our loving Father, and has an interest in our lives. Because of His great love He sent His Son to earth, which is the greatest gift any one of us has been given. Because of my Savior Jesus Christ I have reason to hope, reason to live, reason to love. I know that through the suffering, death, and resurrection of the Savior that I will have life eternal. We are not alone and cut off from God while here on earth-He has given us the gift of the Holy Ghost to lead and guide us through life. It is easy to get lost in this life with all of the voices and choices, and at times life can get very dim or even dark, but there is a Light and there is a Way. The Holy Ghost will lead us to that Light and Truth.
As another evidence of God's love He and His Son appeared to the boy Joseph Smith, who was called to restore the true gospel of Jesus Christ back to the earth. Because of this restoration we have the priesthood (power of God) here on the earth again. Through this priesthood we can be sealed to our families, to be together forever.
The teachings that I have learned throughout my life have shaped me into the woman I am becoming. The gospel guides my decisions and directions in life. I constantly strive to be better, to be the person my Father wants me to be. The restored gospel gives me guidance as I seek to better myself. As I strive to stay close to my Savior my life is made better. His Word makes me better, and living my life as close to how He lived His life makes me happier.
Some would question my beliefs, and have on many occasions. For me the truth of what I believe can be seen each and every day through answered prayers, tender mercies, family, friends, and the knowledge that I am never alone, even in my darkest moments. I am ever and eternally grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Health and Wholeness Principle #6
-
Today I’m sharing the final principle the Lord gave me for how to walk in
health and wholeness in our body, soul, and spirit. You can click on the
Health t...
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment