Saturday, November 24, 2012

My List

(Thanksgiving Day)

Today I am thankful for the Thanksgiving Holiday itself. What a great opportunity we have each year to really concentrate our thanks, and pause to remember what exactly it is that we're thankful for. For me, at this time of year with the big push to give thanks, I start to feel like I am ungrateful the rest of the year. That just isn't true. Though not perfect, I try to be a grateful person all year long. I am one truly blessed girl, I know that. For me, Thanksgiving is an opportunity to focus some of the "smaller" blessings that I have been given, along with the "big."
On this Thanksgiving Day, here is a small list of what I am thankful for:
Dad
Mom
Jolene
Jason
Nic
Felicia
Sam
Mark
Cole
Baby Mair
Tinkerbelle
Sanders
Ruger
Molly
Gus
Cocoa
Stubby
Chickens
Faux-fireplaces
Warm beds
long weekends
WONDERFUL friends-too many to list, but they play such a HUGE role in my life!
School
Work
Milk
Teaching experiences
Socks
Sweaters
Journals
Scriptures
Scripture Study Journals
My testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ
My mission and all of the memories
Music
Modern Technology
Max, my car
Friendly people
My home
Washers and dryers
And the list goes on...

At work various classes have been learning about the first Thanksgiving, and the history of Thanksgiving in our country. I am proud to live in a country that has decided to set aside a day to just say "thanks" and acknowledge what we have. My biggest thanks goes to my Father in Heaven. Without Him, there would be nothing to give thanks for. I know that He is the Source of all that I have and all that I am blessed with. Because of Him my heart has reason to rejoice and give thanks all year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment