Monday, November 26, 2012

The Beauty of the Lights

Tonight I was driving home from school as my car was heating up. Just this morning I had finally pulled my winter coat out, and I was feeling grateful that I had! Still, it was pretty cold in my car. Ever since I got back from the South I can't handle the cold! I used to love winter and the cold, and snow, and everything that comes with it. Now, not so much. My Dad makes fun of me for wearing sweaters in the summer and cuddling with my blanket while the front door is open and the AC and fans are going. As I was driving I was thinking about all of this, and how I wouldn't mind the cold so much if there was something to show for it-like a foot of white fluffy snow. But alas, it's just plain old cold with not even a hint of snow. I was just starting to think about how unpleasant all of this is as I turned into my neighborhood, then I saw something that made my heart jump and smile: Christmas lights. A number of houses in my neighborhood are all aglow in their Christmas splendor, which is something that makes my heart smile. I am a sucker for Christmas lights. I love them on everything! They bring feelings of warmth, laughter, belonging, and love. Mainly, they remind me of my Savior, the reason we celebrate Christmas. He truly is the Light of the World, and the lights on our houses this time of year reminds us of the Light. These lights can be guiding, leading us home and to the things that matter most to us. The Light calls to us out of the darkness and beckons us to come in and be filled. I am so in love with Christmas lights, and I very much love my Light. He is the reason I am found, over and over again. Whenever I lose my way, He is there to guide me back. I am thankful for the reminders that I have of my Savior, and the love that He has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment