Sunday, November 25, 2012

Priesthood

Today I am thankful for the power of the priesthood. My nephew, Cole, was given a name and a blessing at church today by men who hold the holy priesthood. These men can trace their priesthood back to Jesus Christ Himself, not some guy who got a piece of paper saying that he holds the priesthood. The priesthood id a divine gift in my life. I have been the recipient of many blessings in my life, from various priesthood holders. These men have been worthy to act in the office of their priesthood when I needed it. I am thankful for the role that the priesthood plays in my life, and for way it shapes the men in my life into who they truly are-sons of the Most High God. The priesthood is a special gift, but it is one that I don't think about every day. I am grateful for those moments that allow me to step back and see just how encompassing this gift is in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment