Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I can see clearly now...

Too bad today isn't a "T" day, because I could've come up with a good slogan! But alas, I must settle for just telling you that there are two things that I am thankful for today.
One: I am thankful for the gift of sight, and for modern technology that can correct my sight. I've been wearing glasses since I was in 4th grade. In 9th grade I finally got to make the switch to contacts. I am so grateful for these things that allow me to function in my everyday life. Today I went in for my yearly eye exam. I have been noticing lately that my eyes feel tired, and that I can't seem to focus as quickly as I would like, but other than that I felt like I could see pretty well. The Doc checked everything out and made some adjustments to my prescription. I got home and put in my new contacts and was amazed by the clarity of the world around me. I had been living in a haze of sorts, with the world slightly blurred around me. The thing is, I didn't realize how hazy things were. Now I can see much more clearly, and the haze is gone. It's a miracle what those little adjustments can make. If it weren't so late I would go into a spiritual analogy here, but since it is late, I'll let you come up with your own.
Two: I am thankful that God knows exactly who to send into my life when I need them. Tonight I got to spend some time with my friend Kim. KP is one amazing woman! She has been a stronghold in my life since we were roomies at CEU. KP is someone who willingly points out your strengths when you might not see them, and is fiercely loyal. She is an amazing friend who has always been there for me, and is someone I admire. She is stronger than she knows: I know this because I draw strength from her. Spending time with Kim tonight was a lot like getting adjustments made to my prescription, allowing me to see better. Kim is a great listener, and I really appreciated having her listening ear tonight. I talked her poor ears off, but I feel like some of the life-haze has been lifted, and my sight is more clear.
Basically, I am thankful for the removal of the haze in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment