The past few days I have taken a pretty serious approach to my thankfulness. Today I am going to deviate from that just a little, but please note that I am truly thankful for... Sunday naps. It may sound silly, but it's really what I am thankful for today. There is something special about a Sunday nap that sets it aside from napping on other days. Sunday is a special day set aside by the Lord for us to take a break from the world and recharge our spiritual batteries, and rest from our daily cares and worries. All of this contributes to the peacefulness of the Sunday nap. It's the one day when I can take a nap and not worry about what I should be doing instead, or what I need to do next. I can just sleep peacefully. There are weeks when you just need to shut down for a while, and a Sunday naps allows you to do just that. So silly as it might sound, I am thankful for Sunday naps.
Not silly at all! Sunday naps are how I survive some weeks.
ReplyDelete