January has been a roller coaster of a month! I began my student teaching, and I am loving it! I've never been so happy, stressed, overwhelmed, fulfilled, and tired in my entire life. I got to observe for the first two weeks, and now I am teaching. I love my students! They make me want to bang my head against a wall one minute, and the next they're giving me a hug and all is forgotten.
At my first faculty meeting I was introduced and told that part of the initiation process all newcomers had to sing the high school fight song. So I did. Half of the teachers stared at me like the were embarrassed for me. A few were making motions for me to stop and mouthing that I didn't have to. The rest looked at me as if they were sizing me up, trying to decide if I'm really as awesome as I look. (The answer, or course, is YES!) Later the principal came to me and told me that he had only been joking about singing. I wasn't sure how to tell him that I had been kidding too... Now when I get introduced to someone it's usually followed by "You're the one who sang!" Looks like maybe I did start off on the right foot!
I have learned so much the past few weeks. Every now and then my cooperating teacher asks me if I'm sure that this is really what I want to do. We spend every spare moment testing students, sorting referrals, gathering data, teaching small (and large!) groups, dealing with problem behaviors, and loving students. Am I sure this is what I want to do? Yes. Even when I get my 1st grade tsunami every afternoon, I still want to do this. I love teaching! I love learning! I love what I do!
Health and Wholeness Principle #6
-
Today I’m sharing the final principle the Lord gave me for how to walk in
health and wholeness in our body, soul, and spirit. You can click on the
Health t...
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment