Living in a small town has it's perks, including the fantastic Casa Del Ray Mexican restaurant which generously shares it's delicious aromas with us on a daily basis. A few months ago while at dinner my parents were talking with Steve, the owner, and they asked him if he could use some red chilies. He said sure, so after dinner we came home, grabbed the bag, and took them to him. Steve said that he would use them to make come chili colorado. A couple of weeks later we went for dinner and Steve brought my Dad some chili colorado to try. This took place a couple of more times, and eventually Steve put it on the menu for Tuesday nights. Since then we go to the Casa every Tuesday. I'll get a text from my Dad around dinnertime saying "It's chili colorado Tuesday," meaning that I better get my fannie up the stairs if I want dinner.
Tonight as we walked in the waitress seated us, and confirmed, not asked, our drink order, which she has down perfectly. It's fun to be a "regular" at a restaurant! While we were eating Steve came by with a camera to take pictures to put up on his wall of pictures. I love that every week Steve comes over to our table to talk to us. He and my parents swap stories about the good ol' days, which were especially good for him and my Mom (they both grew up in Hispanic homes). I love listening to them talk about things their parents did, special dishes they made, and just the simpler life. Steve is always good to ask how I'm doing, and actually listens when I respond. He knows our names and our faces. You don't get that everywhere, but you do get it in a small town.
My little town where I was born and raised might have its flaws, but it also has is perks and amazing things that the community does. I've lived in the same house for my ENTIRE life. I've moved bedrooms 2.5 times, and you know what, I'm content with that. I can't imagine my life any other way. I love Chili Colorado Tuesdays, and I love living in a small town. This is what I am thankful for today.
Health and Wholeness Principle #6
-
Today I’m sharing the final principle the Lord gave me for how to walk in
health and wholeness in our body, soul, and spirit. You can click on the
Health t...
2 years ago

I love it! That is so cool!
ReplyDelete