When I was younger I thought that I would be best friends with the same people for my entire life. Someone told me once that I would find that the friends I had in high school might not necessarily continue on as my friends beyond that. She said that life would go on and take us in different directions. I did not want to believe that, and I vowed then that I would always have the same friends, no matter what. Since then I have learned that friends come into our lives for a reason, for a season, and that some stay while others go. I am still close to a couple of my friends from high school, but I have extended my circle since then. College was a wonderful experience that blessed me with many wonderful friends, whom I still am close to today. My various jobs, from babysitting to today, have provided me with cherished friendships that I would not have made any other way. I also have many friends that I have made from church.
I do not say all of this to brag about my extensive list of friends, which actually isn't that extensive. Instead, I mean to express my appreciation for all of my friends. They have all taught me so much about life, and about me. Some of you reading my blog may not know one of my (sometimes) best kept secrets: I am super shy. So shy that if I go somewhere and don't see anyone that I know, I will leave as soon as possible. In fact, if I haven't been noticed, I will leave immediately. But if a friend is there, well that changes everything.
I am thankful for my friends, and for the way that they are always there for me. I don't feel like I am as good of a friend to them as they are to me, for which I apologize. I honestly have the best friends a girl could ask for. While I know that some friends go in and out of our lives, I also know that some are there forever.
Health and Wholeness Principle #6
-
Today I’m sharing the final principle the Lord gave me for how to walk in
health and wholeness in our body, soul, and spirit. You can click on the
Health t...
2 years ago

I miss you!
ReplyDelete