This might sound a little redundant, but some of you might be new to my blog, so you get to hear it. I am thankful to be an aunt, or better yet, a Nanny.
A brief history: When my sister and her husband had been married about a year they got a dog named Gimli. Gimli was a Bull Mastiff who stole our hearts from the beginning. For a long time Gimli was their boy, and as such needed to be watched from time to time when Jolene and Nic were out of town. This is how I became the dog-Nanny. Gimli knew that his Nanny Manda was always there to take care of him when mom and dad were away. I was jokingly referred to as the Nanny, and it stuck. Fast forward a few years to when Jolene and Nic had their first baby, Sam. I was on my mission when he was born, but that Christmas he sent me a tote bag that had a picture of him wearing a onesie with a tie on it, next to some scriptures. The caption read "I hope they call me on a mission...so I can be cool like Nanny Manda!" When I finally met Sam in person a few weeks later a bond was forged, and the dog-nanny became the Nanny. Since then I have been there to take care of my boys!
When I fist came home from my mission I spent as much time at my sister's house as I did at my own. Whenever Jolene even thought she might need a babysitter, I was there! Including the time when she got the stomach flu and needed someone to take care of Sam. I packed up my bags and headed in, ready to take care of my little man while his parents were sick. We had a fun couple of days, and Jolene got better just in time for Nic's graduation. Perfect timing! We all got up and were getting ready for the day when it happened-I came down with the stomach flu. Haha it was a little crazy, but it was fun. As Sam got older I got to be a big part of his life, and I think that "Nan" may have made the first-ten word list!
Over this past summer I had the chance to spend most of my week at my sister's house. I was worried that Mark didn't know me as well as Sam, so I set about to fix that! I loved getting to be with Sam and Mark all day! We became even better friends, and I feel like Mark knows me as well as Sam now.
I love walking into my sister's house now: Sam comes running from wherever he is, yelling "Nanny!" and gives me a giant hug. Before Mark was mobile he would sit and clap his hands when he saw me, and want me to pick him up for a hug. Now that he's moving around he crawls as fast as he can to me to get that hug. Being a Nanny is the best! Cole is too little to get too excited when I get to his house, but he'll catch on soon! There's a little girl coming to our family in March, and I am super excited to introduce her to the world of the Nanny as well.
I LOVE being a Nanny! There is nothing better in the world! Today that is what I am thankful for-being Nanny, aka the cool aunt!
Health and Wholeness Principle #6
-
Today I’m sharing the final principle the Lord gave me for how to walk in
health and wholeness in our body, soul, and spirit. You can click on the
Health t...
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment