Back in January of 2011 I began my trek along the path towards a degree in Special Education. That semester I met one of the members of my cohort group, Vivian. We had one class together, and it was just the two of us at our site. We talked here and there, but didn't really get very close. Over the next few semesters we got to know each other better and better, and we've become really good friends. Vivian is the one who (tries) to keep me on top of things. She is the type of person to get assignments done way before the due date. I'm the type to slip them in 5 minutes before they are due. Our approach to learning and studying are different, but in our differences we've found strengths. On Monday we got an "in-class" assignment to rewrite a science chapter. It looked like this really big process, but at least it was a group project. After class Vivian suggested that we work on it sometime this week. The only night we were both available was tonight. So right after school we headed over to the extension and began working. Originally I told Vivian that we could work on the assignment until 9:00, then I was going to be done. Vivian told me that we would work on it until it was done. I'll admit that a few angry stares went her way today, but I did my best to do my part. After we ate dinner the mood changed a little, and Vivian said something along the lines that she was glad I ate because now I was more pleasant to be around. My response: "I love that we are close enough that you can say that to me, and I totally agree!" In the end, I didn't go home at 9, I stayed for the duration, which was almost 10:30! But, we got the assignment done! It is no longer looming over our heads! Hooray! I am thankful for Vivian and her willingness to push me. She has helped me to reach new heights, and though I'm still a procrastinator when it comes to homework, I try harder not to be. I am thankful for the way Vivian listens, the way she loves, the way she works so hard, the great example she is to me, and I am thankful for the wonderful teacher that she is. I have learned so much from her over the past two years! We really are like sisters. In January our paths will go separate ways as I begin student teaching and she finishes up her last semester for her El. Ed degree (she's doing a dual major). I don't know if I've told her this, but I am scared to death of doing this without her! She is my rock and my sounding board. She keeps me sane when the professors do their best to make me crazy. She is such a great sounding board. I will be lost without her.
Vivian, I love you! I am so glad that the Lord had our paths cross! My life wouldn't be the same without you in it!
*Quick note about the title: I'm a lazy Utahn who doesn't properly pronounce words. When I am talking about Vivian and I doing things together, it generally comes out "Vivi-n-I." Kinda like Brangelena. We just go together so well! :)
Health and Wholeness Principle #6
-
Today I’m sharing the final principle the Lord gave me for how to walk in
health and wholeness in our body, soul, and spirit. You can click on the
Health t...
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment