Sunday, November 16, 2014

Walk like a...snowman!

THANKSgiving Day 14
 I noticed in some posts from years previous that I had labeled my posts each day like I did above, and I want to get back to that. It's a good reminder that THANKS is for GIVING. And it reminds me of my mission, so double reason to put it back up there!
Today I am thankful for the energy of teenagers, and the love for life that my students have. The past two days they have been so hyper and crazy that I've resorted to taking them outside during 7th period as a means to reign them in a little. It has been so much fun to watch them run and play, and to have them beg me to join them. On Thursday I ran with them a little, and couldn't help but smile as I started to run backwards and saw my banditry of chickadees chasing after me. (I may have had the M&Ms, but we can pretend they just really wanted me!) Today we played a mix-up of Simon Says and Red Light/Green Light. It was fun to see their willingness to play along with my commands and walk like zombies, float like leaves, or walk like a snowman. This is the kind of energy that they give me every day, and I love it! I feed off their energy-it is what keeps me going everyday. I am so thankful that I get to be part of that energy everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment