Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Looking Up

THANKSgiving Day 18
Today I want to express thanks for my little brother. He is one amazing man, and I am so proud of him! I remember the first time that I looked up to him-literally. We were standing in the kitchen and he was taller than me. I insisted, like any good big sister, that he take his shoes off when standing next to me so that he wouldn't be taller than me. He informed me that he was not wearing any shoes, and a look at his feet confirmed it-my little brother had suddenly become taller than me, and I had to look up to him when we talked. Since then I have looked up to him in ways that he probably doesn't even know. He has been my hero and my champion. He quietly does his thing everyday and doesn't complain about it. He works hard to provide for his family. He is loving, kind, and sweet to his wife and daughter. He is hold-your-sides-and-laugh-until-you-cry funny. He is there when you need him. He is strong and humble. He shows Christlike love and service. He is just amazing, and I love him. Recently he got a promotion at work. When I found out I may have cried a little for him: I was so happy and so proud of him. If anyone deserved it, it was him. He is proving himself as a great man every single day, and others are starting to notice how great he really is. I've seen it there for a long time, and it was exciting to know that others were seeing it as well. And so today I give thanks that I get to look up to my little brother. He is one amazing person! Jason, you're the best brother a girl could ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment