Sunday, November 16, 2014

Mothers and Daughters

THANKSgiving Day 16
 Today I want to give thanks for a very special lady in my life-my mother. I was realizing the other day that since I moved out we don't get to have our mother-daughter dates like we used to. I could always count on my mom to be my movie buddy! I miss getting to plan evenings together! I miss arguing about what to have for dinner on Saturday nights when dad is working and neither of us wants what the other is willing to cook. It sounds silly, but it was our thing. I love my mom for all of the crazy traditions that the two of us have! I also love her love for life. She and her sister are always going off on adventures, and I love that. She is setting a great example for me and my sister to follow. I also love that my mom has a big heart. We are getting into the season where she really gets to show it. She likes making goodies and treats for people, so she thrives this time of year! And even in the midst of her holiday cooking, baking, and crafting, she is still willing to help me when my projects go awry. My mom has a heart of gold, and I am grateful that she has passed her love of people on to me. I am so thankful to know that my mom is there for me, and always willing to listen and offer advice. I might not always take it, but it wouldn't be a mother/daughter relationship otherwise, right? :) Mom, you are one amazing woman and I am forever grateful to call you mine! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment