Wednesday, November 26, 2014

My Banditry of Chickadees

THANKSgiving Day 26
 Today's post is going to be a little long, so don't feel obligated to read it all. One of the things that I am most thankful for is my job, and the banditry of chickadees that comes with it. (I had to Google what to call a group of chickadees, and now I know!) They make my life so much better, and fill my heart in so many ways! This post is dedicated to them, and they are each going to get their time in the spotlight!

Frozen
There are so many kids obsessed with Frozen these days, and this girl is no different! She loves Disney movies, and can tell you about any Disney movie you ask her about.  She always has a smile on her face, and loves to gives hugs. She works so hard and is so eager to please. She makes my heart so happy!

My Mouse
This particular chickadee is quiet as a mouse, but she has a heart and personality that pull you in. It's impossible not to love her! She is always willing to help out, whether it's me or another student. She worries about the other students, and wants to make sure that everyone is okay. She has a heart of gold. I love her so much!

Tots
This kid makes me laugh all the time! He tells the funniest jokes, and always has a smile on his face. He also shares his tater tots with me every Tuesday! How did I get to be so lucky? He is an awesome artist, and is so good with numbers. Seeing his happy face every morning makes me so happy, and I am so glad that he is in my class!

Penguin Classics
This girl-what can I say about her? She showers me with love everyday. She works so hard everyday to overcome her challenges, and is an inspiration. She works so hard to make sure that everyone has a friend, and that people get the things they need (for example, she brings me my tots!) She is an amazing artist, and can draw just about anything she puts her mind to. (Including a class of goats!) She makes my days so great!

Sk8rBoy
Don't tell anyone that I told you this, but this kid has a HUGE heart! He tries to play it cool, but I've seen through his tough-guy exterior to the sweet boy inside. I wish that I could give him a huge hug and tell him how awesome he is. He is sweet and funny, and so helpful. He has a mischievous side that I love. Life is better with him in it!

Sidekick
This chickadee can quite often be found attached to my side, quite literally. She is so loyal and tries so hard to let others see that. She spends a lot of time in her own little world, but when she comes out it is fantastic! She is so fun to be with! She is so warm and affectionate, and works to help others feel that as well.

Mr. Fix-It
I can't even begin to tell you how many times this kid has saved me, and taken my ego at the same time! He is so good at fixing things, which is how he saves me. He has figured out so many things in my classroom. He even taught me how to catch! He was a great coach and even critiqued my technique, which ultimately is what enabled me to catch! I love watching him learn and grow, and I am so proud of how far he has come!

Hipster
This chickadee is also one of my quiet ones. She is so unassuming, and just goes about doing her thing. She works so hard, and has so many big dreams. She has an awesome sense of style. I love watching her mind work, especially when I see the light click as things make sense. She is a bright star in my life.

Sporty
This girl makes my heart so happy! She is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet, and she goes about it in such a quiet way. She doesn't ask for much, but is always so willing to give. She is a fantastic friend, and reaches out when she sees others struggling. She always makes sure to say hi or good morning to me. She is so awesome! I am lucky to know her.

Comics
Just thinking about this chickadee makes my heart smile. He likes to find things to gross me out or make me laugh, which is a lot of fun! He is quiet, kind, and diligent. He never asks for anything, and is so thankful for all that he receives. I love getting to spend time with this chickadee everyday!

 Mini-Me
This chickadee is so much like me that it's a little crazy! Sometimes when I talk to her I feel like I am looking in the mirror, and often the things that I tell her are what I need to hear as well. She is such a tenderheart and sweet spirit. She is uplifting and so willing to share her love. Anytime she sees that I am feeling low she asks if I need a hug, which is often just what I need. I am so grateful for her willingness to share her heart with me!

Spunky
Often times the best fireworks come in the smallest packages, and they give the biggest boom. This is so true with this chickadee! She may be small, but she is full of spunk! She seems quiet and shy at first, but for those of us who know her, we know that she is anything but shy or quiet! She shares her opinions with those around her, and she doesn't mind who knows them. She can be a bit of a wild card, and I love it!

Fashionista
If there is one thing that I can count on from this chickadee it is that she will comment on my clothes. Some days I get her stamp of approval, some days I get a critique. Either way I love it, and it's our routine. This girl is full of pizazz,  and she greets life with a mischievous smile. She and I love to tease one another. I love it!

The Hunter
This kid, I don't even know what to say about him. Last year he discovered that it is easy (and quite fun) to tease me, and that is our tradition. He knows how to make me laugh, and he can tell when I need it the most. We share a special bond, and I think that there are days when one of us is the glue that holds the other together. Also, let it be noted that the teasing goes both ways. He makes me crazy, but it's what keeps me going! I look forward to each day's adventure with him.


There you have it, my banditry of chickadees all in one place. Each one of them has won my heart over a million times. I look forward to spending each day with them!  I know that it was just yesterday that I saw them, but I miss them so much! I hope that they each have a fantastic Thanksgiving, and know that I am thankful for each one of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment