Monday, November 24, 2014

Talking to Strangers

THANKSgiving Day 24
Today I am thankful for the random kindness of strangers. I was at Joanne's today looking at some yarn, and I needed another opinion. So I asked the woman standing in the same aisle as me. She had to take a phone call, but as soon as she finished we started chatting again, and she gave me a vote of confidence in my project. We had a nice visit and went our separate ways. Imagine my surprise when she ended up behind me in the checkout lane. We talked about our various projects, and she even clued me in to some big sales that are coming up at Joanne's this week. It's kinda weird, but I like talking to strangers and making connections. I will probably never see that woman again, but for a few minutes today we were friends and sharing ideas and warm feelings. I am grateful for the kindness of strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment