Sunday, November 16, 2014

Boys and Girls

THANKSgiving Day 15
 Today I am thankful for three sweet boys who have stolen my heart, and two beautiful girls who keep me tied around their fingers. Being a Nanny (aka Aunt) is the BEST job that I have ever had. Hands down. I love hearing my name come from those little mouths, and the hugs and kisses that generally come after. I love the games we get to play, and the fun that we have. Quick confession-I am writing this post-day 15, but as I reflected on what I wanted to write last night I knew that this was it. It's been a while since I've had a sleepover with my nephews, so we planned one for last night. As we were getting the boys ready for bed Sam kept asking me to sleep next to him, and told me that he would stay awake until I came to bed. How is a person supposed to say no to such sweet requests? (Let it be noted that he was using his best puppy-dog eyes and voice...) I crawled into bed and the next thing I know Sam is cuddled up next to me, and fell asleep almost instantly. I live for times like these when I can be with these kids. Cole and I were the last two to wake up this morning, and before we went out for breakfast we had a tickle fight. Later I was ambushed by the older two boys, and more tickling ensued. Today I got to cuddle with Mark when he woke up and was confused about what was going on. Lulu and I have had fun smiling and cooing at each other for the past couple of days. Erika has a smile that is contagious, and I love how she loves life! And cats. And dogs. She is seriously adorable when she's chasing the cat or kissing the dog.
I am one blessed and thankful person to have these amazing tiny humans in my life! I love being their Nanny!

No comments:

Post a Comment