It would seem that I have neglected my blog for 11 months...oops! But, it's that time of year when we get to reflect a little more on the things that we are thankful for. Thus begins THANKSgiving.
Day 1
Today was fast and testimony meeting at church. Forever ago, when I was at CEU, my friends and I would joke on fast Sunday that the louder your stomach growls, the more you were feeling the Spirit. Boy, was I feeling the Spirit today! Occasionally I wondered if perhaps my stomach had learned some whale mating calls and was calling out, looking for it's soulmate. No one answered, but there's always next month. :)
As I sat through testimony meeting, trying to quiet the beast, I thought about how blessed I am to have the opportunity to fast. It's such a simple gesture: going without food and water for 24 hours, but the Spirit that it brings into my life is amazing. I feel drawn closer to my Father in Heaven and my Savior. I have witnessed so many miracles as a result of fasting and prayer. It's a simple thing that brings so many blessings. This is what I am thankful for today-the opportunity to fast and feel an extra measure of the Spirit. So bring on the whale mating calls-the end result is worth it!
Health and Wholeness Principle #6
-
Today I’m sharing the final principle the Lord gave me for how to walk in
health and wholeness in our body, soul, and spirit. You can click on the
Health t...
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment