Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Question

Every year I struggle with the same question: when is it socially acceptable to begin listening to Christmas music? On November 1 one radio station began playing non-stop Christmas music. I would listen to a song or two every now and then, but yesterday when it began to snow I decided that I could officially listen to Christmas music whenever I wanted, and I could be proud of it. It sounds silly, but it was freeing for me. As I've been listening to these familiar and beloved songs I have felt my heart become softer and more kind. I have felt myself being turned more towards my Savior, and I am working harder to do as He would do, and treat others the way in which He would treat them. This is one of the blessings of Christmas music in my life-it turns my heart more towards the Savior. I know that there are people who loathe Christmas music until December 1, but for me, it's a spiritual journey. I am thankful to have it on the radio, and I am thankful for my softened heart. Be ye forewarned! If ye ride in me car, 'twill be Christmas music a playin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment