THANKSgiving Day 30
Today's day of thankfulness starts off with a throw-back to yesterday: I was on the phone with a friend from Alabama who asked me how my THANKSgiving had been. As soon as I heard that Southern drawl and intonation on the THANKS in THANKSgiving my heart was so full of warmth, love, and gratitude for my time in the South. I had the honor and privilege of serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Alabama Birmingham Mission. It was, at the time, the best 18 months of my life. I had the opportunity to talk about my Savior and my faith everyday, and to interact with the amazing God-fearing people of the South. I met some of the most inspirational people while serving in Alabama and Mississippi. My life is forever changed because of the people I met and the experiences that I had. I am grateful everyday for the chance that I had to serve as a missionary.
Right now there is a lot of controversy surrounding the gospel that I love. Many people are quick to judge and unwilling to accept the faith of those who believe. I am one who believes. I believe in a loving God who is merciful, loving, kind, and generous. I believe in a God who hears and answers prayers, and who wants the best for me. I believe in a God who loves us perfectly, despite our imperfections. I believe in a God who still speaks through a living prophet, to lead and guide His children. I believe in a God who is very much aware of our needs today, this hour, this minute, and who is in the details. I believe in God, and I know that He believes in me. He has made me who I am today, and He is shaping me into the person I am working to become. I am thankful to have these beliefs, and to have grown up in a gospel that I love.
I am thankful for the chance to spend 30 days sharing my thankfulness with you. It's been a fun adventure! And thanks to the South for putting the THANKS in my GIVING!
Health and Wholeness Principle #6
-
Today I’m sharing the final principle the Lord gave me for how to walk in
health and wholeness in our body, soul, and spirit. You can click on the
Health t...
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment