Monday, November 9, 2015

On the Run!

THANKSgiving day 7 is dedicated to something that is not high on my "favorites" list...running. It's something that my sister and I picked up a few years ago, for heaven knows what reason! When we decided to start running we decided that when we entered a race, we wanted it to be for a good cause, and so that's what we did. We've done a few races, and with the exception of the Harry Potter run (who could resist that?!) they have helped with raising awareness for various causes. This past weekend I had the opportunity to participate in the Purple Dash 5k, a race that promotes epilepsy awareness. It's near and dear to my heart, and I am grateful for the chance to participate.
This year was even more special because for the first time, two aspects of my world collided. Thinking about it earlier that week had me near tears, and the actual event saw the leakage break through. It was so beautiful and special, and made me so thankful for all of the wonderful people that I am blessed with!

No comments:

Post a Comment