Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Protect and Serve

THANKSgiving Day 18:
Today I am thankful for those who protect and serve us in our communities and beyond. We had a lock down drill at school today, and the officer at my school was so great to check with me about where my kids were just prior to the drill, and to see how we were after the drill. He is always looking out for my chickadees, but it's not just us; he looks out for all of the students at our school. I know that I feel a lot more safe when he is there!
Beyond the officer at my school, there are so many people who are putting their lives on the line everyday to ensure our safety. My life has been blessed by many people who put on the uniform: police officers, firemen, and the military. Thank you to each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment