Welcome to November! There are a lot of traditions that people have in November: some people enjoy playing in the leaves and drinking hot cocoa. Some begin eating soup multiple nights a week. Others stop shaving in support of "No Shave November." I like personally like shaving, so I'll stick to my smooth legs and just give you a blog full of THANKS everyday this month. I realize that I haven't updated my blog since May, and a lot has happened since then, but my focus this month is going to be on giving thanks. Perhaps along the way I'll find time to update on where I am in life and the journey I took to get here.
Day 1
Today I am thankful for a particular person, who will probably never read this post. I work with a wonderful woman named Rachel. Since the first day I walked into ERMS she has been there to answer my questions. She never seemed annoyed when I would come in multiple times a day to ask seemingly Captain Obvious questions. There were times at first that I would struggle with the way she would answer my questions by asking me a question, but I see now how it helped me to learn and to grow.
Rachel has always been herself when we've talked, and she has been a great cheerleader for me being myself. There were times when I was so worried about what I was doing, should be doing, forgot to do and everything else and Rachel would remind me to take time for myself. So many days as she would leave she would say to me, "You're worth it!" At fist I would smile politely and wonder what it was supposed to mean, but I think I'm starting to finally get it.
Rachel and I have had some good talks and have shared parts of ourselves. From her I am learning how important it is to be me and to believe in me, especially as a teacher. Rachel is such a good cheerleader, and I am grateful that I have her as a friend and coworker. I know that God puts specific people in my path at each stage of my journey, and I know that Rachel is one of those people.
Health and Wholeness Principle #6
-
Today I’m sharing the final principle the Lord gave me for how to walk in
health and wholeness in our body, soul, and spirit. You can click on the
Health t...
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment