Day 10
Today I am thankful for the little things that make my hear smile. A few months ago I was called to be a Sunbeam teacher in my ward. At the time I wasn't sure if the calling came from inspiration or desperation, but today I got a chance to see just how much it was inspiration.
There are only three little boys in my class, and they are as unique and individual as they come. We have a blonde, a brunette, and a red-head. Their little personalities are so amazing and fun, and at first difficult. One of my little guys really struggled to come to class when I first started. Weeks of him kicking and screaming, mom trying to bribe him, and all other efforts we put in just couldn't do the trick. Slowly it got better, and now he comes to class. In the beginning he was aloof and not every interested in me.
Today was different. He actually wanted to sit by me, and on multiple occasions he came up to me to talk to me. He is still learning to talk and has some struggles, but he feels comfortable enough with me to try out his language skills. My heart smiled so brightly today as he came and whispered in my ear. At another point he played the "who's hand is on top" game with me. Touching wasn't something that he used to be willing to do. These two things made my heart smile.
Also on the list of heart smiles, one of my other little guys, who is normally quiet and shy about participating in class, offered to say the closing prayer. He needed my help, but the fact that he even wanted to try made my heart soar! He did such an excellent job with the prayer, and I'm glad that I get to be part of his journey.
One more heart smile-as part of our lesson I showed a picture of the Last Supper. It was interesting to me that all three boys immediately noticed that Judas stood on the outside, and they wanted to know who he was. I explained to them that the picture showed Jesus with his friends, and that Judas was one of Jesus' friends who had made some bad choices. We moved on to talk about the Last Supper and didn't mention Judas again.
On the car ride home Jolene asked Sam what he learned at church today. Much to my surprise he didn't mention the scripture line that we had rehearsed for the kids to tell their parents, but instead Sam talked about how Jesus ate with His friends and He had one friend who made bad choices. It always amazes me what sticks in little minds.
These are just some of the little things that make my heart smile. There are so many every day, and I am thankful that I could take this one day of thanks to let them shine.
Health and Wholeness Principle #6
-
Today I’m sharing the final principle the Lord gave me for how to walk in
health and wholeness in our body, soul, and spirit. You can click on the
Health t...
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment