Day 15
Today I am thankful for friends, and more specifically, best friends. As we journey through life we occasionally come across a kindred spirit, bosom friend, best friend. I am very lucky and fortunate that my best friend came built into the standard package. Though we didn't realize it when we were younger, my sister and I are kindred spirits/bosom friends/best friends.
My sister, Jolene, has some amazing talents and passions. One of her passions is reading. She does amazing book reviews, and has started to do them for my class. Last week I offered her services to another teacher in my department, and so today my sister got to spend the entire day at my school doing book reviews. This is a true friend. I love that she got to come. My students look forward to hearing from her, and she does a fantastic job! Plus, it's fun just to be around her!
Another passion and talent that my sister has is being a great mom. She has three active little boys, and they are pretty lucky to have her as their mom. No one will love them, serve them, protect them, or help them like she does. Jolene is always looking for ways to bring her other passions and knowledge into her parenting, and as a result her children are having a wonderful childhood! Book clubs for kids 4 and under, story time at the library, fun crafts, and a bunch of other activities to occupy their day. Yes indeed, those are some lucky boys!
Jolene also had a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and strives to actively live it. She is a great missionary, though she doesn't always realize it. Jolene has a way of reaching out through the Spirit and filling needs because she is obedient to her promptings. She is willing to share her testimony through word and deed. Truly, she is a disciple of Jesus Christ.
I love that my sister and I can have fun no matter what we're doing together. Whether it's watching scary movies, compiling lists of strong female antagonists and weak female antagonists in literature (and what makes them strong or weak), geeking out over books made into movies, comparing plot lines for stories we're working on, or just laughing over random things (she really needs to work on her Google skills...) we always have a good time. We think so much alike that we often say the same thing, at the same time, with the same tone and inflection. It's an art. We tell each other everything, are always there for each other, and always support each other. I would not have gotten my classroom put together if it weren't for her hours of hard work and labor.
There are a million things that I love and appreciate about my sister friend, and everyday I am thankful to have her in my life. This post doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of how truly amazing Jolene is. She is a great example to me, and I try to follow that example in my own life. Jolene-thank you for everything! I love you!
Health and Wholeness Principle #6
-
Today I’m sharing the final principle the Lord gave me for how to walk in
health and wholeness in our body, soul, and spirit. You can click on the
Health t...
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment