Monday, November 18, 2013

That's what friends are for...

Day 16
Today I am thankful for modern transportation. I'm kinda weird, and this is actually something that I think about quite often. It wasn't that long ago that people traveled on foot or four-legged beast to get from one place to another, and generally, people didn't travel very far. If your family member or friend moved over 50 miles away chances were that it would be a very long time before you saw them again. I am thankful that I live in a day and age where since the age of 16 I have been able get into a car and go wherever I needed to go, whether it was a mile down the road to get milk, or 45 miles to go visit my sister. I am very blessed that this is my life!



Day 17
Today I am thankful for two things wrapped into one. The first thing is my friend Kim Price, aka Kim Possible. I met Kim when I went to college in Price and she was my dorm-mate. We became fast friends, and have stayed close all of these years. Kim was always willing to take me along on adventures, especially trips back into civilization. I remember one winter Kim invited me to come to "The Forgotten Carols" with her family. I had never been before and was super excited for it. I fell in love with the story, music, and the Spirit that was part of the performance. At the end Michael McLean talks to the audience about people who couldn't make it to the performance that night for whatever reason: they are sick, live too far away, or perhaps they have passed on. Then he invites the audience to sing the following words with him: "We can be together forever someday." That night as I sat in that auditorium my thoughts went to my grandparents, who had all passed away by that point in my life. My eyes filled with tears as I thought about each one of them, and I knew that I would be together forever with them someday. Kim looked over at me and knew where my thoughts were because she and our other dorm-mates had supported me through the loss of two of my grandparents that year. I remember her sweet testimony as she told me that she knew that I would get to see them again someday. I miss each of my grandparents, Danny and Virginia, Ernie and Ida, and I do know that I will be with them and all of my family forever someday. That is the other thing I am thankful for tonight-the words "we can be together forever someday." I know that they are true, not just for me, but for each of you, too. A loving Father has made it possible for us to be with those we love forever, with Him.
Kim-I am forever thankful that you invited me to the play that night. Each time I listen to the soundtrack I think of you. You are an amazing friend to me! I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment