Did ya'll notice yet that it's 11-12-13? I was pretty excited to realize that, and it was only half way through my day!
Today I am thankful for mi Madre. Hands down, my mom is cooler than yours! I love that my mom finds ways to connect with just about anyone, anywhere. She never meets a stranger, and once she becomes friends with someone, it's for life. Mom is always doing random acts of kindness for those around her. She is happiest when she has something that she's working on to give someone. And she puts so much thought into the things she makes! One of her favorite things is scrapbooking, and she has done some amazing things with it. Mom, with the help of modern technology, has taken your typical scrapbook and made it into something that you would display in your home. The past couple of years she has made some really awesome memory books for her siblings for Christmas. Mom can always be counted on to make something sentimental for get-togethers with family, and it's something that brings everyone closer as they share their memories.
![]() |
| Perhaps not the most flattering pic of either of us, but I think it captures who we are. :) |
My mom is someone who has taught me to care for others, to be a friend, and to enjoy life. One of the things that I love best about my mom is that she has always encouraged me to chase my dreams. Even when my dreams were crazy and hairbrained, she still wanted me to reach for them. Sometimes those dreams don't work out, and she's always been there for those times, too. My mom is the person I call when I need to know how to cook/bake something, when I need creative ideas, and when I need someone to be diplomatic. Better than that, when I'm hurting I know that Mom is there to lift and support me in any way she can. See, didn't I tell you that my mom was pretty awesome?! I love you, Mom!


yup! your mom is awesome.
ReplyDelete