Day 27
Today I am thankful for books and reading. I have had a couple of conversations about reading with different people this week and it has made me even more thankful for this favorite past-time of mine. I love getting lost in a story, all wrapped up with the characters and their emotions. Many times I have stayed up into the wee hours of the morning reading a book because I was going to "read just one more chapter..." This has been a lifelong love of mine: I remember waking up early on Saturday mornings to read my latest Babysitter's Little Sister book. Even now, when presented with an opportunity to read or do just about anything else, I will choose to read. I have been to so many places through books. I have fallen in love with so many different men, had my heart broken by many of those same men, and been swept off my feet. I have been so mad at characters and plot twists, almost feeling as though they were real and really taking place in my life.Reading is a great adventure. There's nothing better than the butterflies I get in my stomach as I turn to the first chapter of a new book. On the other hand, there is nothing quite like the feeling of being lost after finishing an exceptionally good book. Series are even harder on the soul to finish!
I am thankful for friends who love to read and will talk literature with me. I am thankful for friends who like to read and will talk literature with me. I am thankful for friends who don't like to read-we don't usually talk literature, but that's ok too! I love getting to be a teacher and talk books with my students. I love sharing my favorite books with people, in hopes that they will love the book as much as I did.
I'm going to borrow an idea from my mom and give a shout-out to those who taught me how to read. Though I would like to argue that I was born knowing how to read, I know that a lot of time and patience went into this task. Thank you to each person who brought books and reading into my life and helped to instill the bookworm in my heart.
Health and Wholeness Principle #6
-
Today I’m sharing the final principle the Lord gave me for how to walk in
health and wholeness in our body, soul, and spirit. You can click on the
Health t...
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment