Monday, November 21, 2011

You name that movie!

Day 21
Today I am grateful for my sister in law, Felicia. She is one fun lady! Felicia and my brother started dating while I was on my mission, and I remember that I was a little nervous about it. I wrote Felicia a letter telling her how much I was loving my mission, how wonderful missions are, how much a mission teaches you, how a mission changes you, how awesome missions are...catching a theme here? I wanted to encourage Felicia to go on a mission, just to give me some time so that I could get to know her. Luckily, she didn't heed my advice!
When I got back from Bama she was there at the airport waiting for me with my family, and though she wasn't expecting it, she got a big hug! Since then she has been like a second sister to me. We have fun sister dates eating pizza and watching movies-we even love the same movies! Our first bonding moment was in St. George two years ago at a little store looking at jewelry. Felicia said something like "I'm just here for the food." I told her to name that movie, and she looked at me with a challenge in her eye and said "You name that movie!" That's when we knew that we were meant to be sisters!
Felicia is so much fun, and I am so grateful that she is now part of my eternal family!

No comments:

Post a Comment