Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hope

Day 26
Today I am so thankful for lazy weekends! I spent most of my day reading ("The Hunger Games" will pull you in every time!) and watching movies. I did manage to throw in some closet cleaning, oh, and I moved my couch into my sitting room. By myself. It was quite the adventure! It may not have been my most productive day in history, but it was a good day that I am totally satisfied with. I got to take some time just for me, which was really nice.

Day 27
Today I am thankful for the atonement of Jesus Christ. So often in life I fall short of who I should be and what I should be doing. I make dumb mistakes, sometimes repeatedly, and sometimes I just overlook doing things that I know deep down I should do. That is where my Savior steps in. He makes up the difference where I so greatly lack, and He so freely forgives. Today in my Sunday School class we talked about hope, and one sister applied it to mean that we hope that we can change. In the gospel of Jesus Christ hope isn't just a wish, it is a sure knowledge that something will happen. When we have the hope that we can change and be better it is a hope that is sure-we can change. It is through our Savior Jesus Christ that we have this bright hope. I know that with His help all things are possible. His atonement makes it so. The atonement gives me hope each and every day that I can be better, and that I can overcome the obstacles which do so easily beset me. I love my Savior with all of my heart, and my hope is anchored in him!

"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." Ether 12:4 (Book of Mormon)

No comments:

Post a Comment