Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Please, just one bite!

Day8
I love and am so thankful for my job! Yesterday I was at a training, so I wasn't able to be with my students. Today I was so excited to see them, and I had missed them so much! Each of my students has a way to make my heart smile in ways that I can't even begin to explain. Here was a sweet moment with one of them today: one of my students is a very picky eater, and doesn't eat very much. Everyday I make this student choose a fruit or a veggie, and the student has to have at least one bite before we can leave. It's a battle everyday, but my student is a good sport and tries the one bite (with milk in one hand to quickly wash the undesired food down!). Today at lunch my student told me that they had eaten one bite of orange yesterday. I asked who had told my sub about our one bite rule, and the answer surprised me-it was my student! My sweet little anti-anything healthy had actually taken the initiative to tell a visiting adult about a rule which said adult would have otherwise not even known about. So sweet! I was so proud that I just had to reward my student-with a chocolate eyeball! Haha i seriously love my job, and I am thankful for the little moments that make each day amazing in a new way!

No comments:

Post a Comment