Day 22Today I am super-de-duper thankful for my little brother, Jason Dee! Ever since we were little he has always had a way of making me laugh like no one else does. My all-time favorite joke of his goes as follows:
"Ask me if I'm a truck."
"Are you a truck?"
"No."
I don't know why, but when he first told me this I would laugh my head off! Even now as I sit here and type I'm laughing! There was just something about the way he would say no, like it was the most obscure and ridiculous thing to ask him if he was a truck...I guess you had to be there! (Please note, we were like 11 and 8 respectively when he told me this joke.)
There are other things about my brother that I love and am thankful for besides his sense of humor. When I left for my mission I left behind a teenage boy, but when I came back I found that a man had replaced him. My little brother is so responsible and mature, and he knows how to
take care of things. I am so impressed everyday with the man that he has become, and I am so proud to call him my little brother!We had the opportunity to work together for nearly a year recently, and I loved it. We carpooled everyday and had so many good chances to talk about life and our plans. My brother is someone whom I trust and know that I can talk to, and I know that he will listen and give me sound advice. Now that we aren't working together and he's married and moved out of the house I miss those talks and really look forward to when he comes home and we talk. So here is to my handsome, funny, mature man of a little brother! I love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment