Friday, November 18, 2011

I'm going to say it- TGIF!

Day 17
Today I am thankful for the tender mercies of the Lord in everything that we do. Lately I've been keeping a really close eye on what I eat (school lunch=no bueno! I put on an absurd amount of weight in 3 weeks by adding 2-3 days of school lunch per week!) and trying to get to my goal weight. When I got home my Dad asked if I was making dinner, to which I readily agreed. I had been pondering something light when I saw that he had already taken out some meat-hamburger. I asked what he had planned for it, and discovered that it was all up to my imagination. I decided on tacos-sort of healthy, right? A little meat and cheese, lots of veggies and salsa...sounded good to me! As I started to cook the ground meat I noticed something peculiar about it-it was light, and stayed light even after cooked! It was ground turkey! So much better than ground beef! I smiled as I cooked, knowing that my Heavenly Father is mindful of all that I do, and that my prayers to help me take control of my weight again were not going unanswered! *Note* I'm not sure how the ground turkey came to be-it's not a staple in our house, but I'm not complaining!

Day 18
Today I have so many things that I am thankful for, it's hard to chose just one! This might be another cliche thought, but I am honestly thankful that it is Friday. Monday and Tuesday were two very difficult days to get through, Wednesday was full of trepidation and homework, Thursday still found me on pins and needles, and finally today it's Friday and the start of the weekend. My week has gotten progressively better, but the relief of being able to take a break from work is like having a huge weight taken off of me. It was funny to note at work today that everyone was ready for it to be Friday-we had all fought through the week! I know that my battles this week have left me ready for a mini-vacation and some much needed rest. Not having to worry about what tomorrow will bring at work because there is no work tomorrow is wonderful. Plus, it's snowing and looking like a winter wonderland. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment