Saturday, November 5, 2011

Majesty

Day 5- I love to see the temple, and I am so thankful for it! On my mission we watched a lot of Church movies-they are the best! One of my favorites is "Mountain of the Lord." It wasn't until I was in Clanton, AL and watching that movie that I came to appreciate the majesty and beauty of the Salt Lake City temple. So much time, sacrifice, blood, sweat, and many tears went into the building of this beautiful temple, and I am so grateful for it all! As I walked around Temple Square and over to the temple (I like to take the scenic route!) I could feel the cold air all around me, and as I breathed it in I got a thrill and felt like a giddy schoolgirl! I was about to walk into the temple, and there is no greater feeling in the world than knowing that you are walking into a house of the Lord, that you are worthy to do so, and that He wants you there. I love the spirit of the temple. I am so thankful to all who worked so hard to build it, and for all who keep it running today. I got a picture while I was there, so I'll post it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment