Wednesday, November 9, 2011

If I tilt my head like this...


Day 9
This thankful thought is kind of a cheater one-I've been planning it for quite a few days! Today I am thankful for new contacts! I thought about going all philosophical about this and new sight and clarity, but in reality I'm just thankful for the new lenses themselves. I change out my contacts every month, on the 9th to be precise. I've been looking forward to this change for about three weeks now. No, I'm not cray obsessed with getting the new ones. At some point during the first week of wear last month I managed to scratch my right lens (thank you mascara brush!) and I did a pretty good job of it! I had two lines etched into the lens, which in turn altered my vision. If I cocked my head to the side and squinted I could almost pretend that the line wasn't there, but that's a silly position to walk around in! So I dealt with it, and my glasses got some extra evening wear, as well as some extra daytime mileage. But the new lenses are in and life is good. I am so thankful for these little pieces of plastic (or whatever they are) that allow me the freedom to see without boundaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment