This usually calls for an epic song (if you're watching a musical) and plenty of tears on both sides. There is generally some pretty awesome and quotable dialogue as well. I love the look of desperate love in the eyes of the breakees, and you feel like your heart is being ripped out, just like theirs.I know that it sounds crazy, but I envy that these people had something so hard to let go of in the first place. I've had a few breakups in my life, and I don't want to repeat any of those moments (perhaps because they weren't as epically tragic as the ones in the movies) yet I long for my own breakup. I was talking to a fried today who was trying to convince me to take an institute class called "Happiness in Dating." I ensured him that I am finding plenty of happiness in being single, to which my friend replied that I needed to learn to find happiness in dating. And thus we get to the point of this post. I want to date. Even if it means getting my heart broken, I at least want to have cared and have been cared about that much by a person of the opposite gender.
I had such high hopes that this past Christmas season would bring a new relationship my way. I could just feel it! I knew that the twinkling lights and softly falling snow would surely bring a sweet romance into my life, leaving a soft smile on my face. Christmas has now come and gone, and no romance came my way. I'll blame it on the lack of softly falling snow, or any snow for that matter, but I won't give up the hope that it will come. I know that somewhere, someday, it will happen. Maybe what I should be looking for is a spring fling...haha! Until then I will keep enjoying my tragic breakups, and subsequent makeups, and keep that faith that both are coming my way!

I've always had an odd fascination with break-up songs. Why are they so good that they make you want to get a boyfriend AND leave him? Also, I have the same feeling of disappointment with not having a holiday romance, although I know mine comes from watching too many made-for-TV Christmas movies. I just can't get enough. And I hope you find your spring fling, even if he arrives before spring.
ReplyDelete