I was so troubled by this that I talked with my sister about it one day. I am very blessed, and have a wonderful sister-and she has thoughts similar to mine! We decided that there absolutely WAS a new star. It doesn't matter that the other person had said that scientifically it wasn't possible for a new to show up that night, because it did happen. Yes, God has to abide by His own rules of creation, but who is to say that He didn't plan on that new star shining for the very first time on that holy night of His Son's birth? God knows all, the end from the beginning, and I believe that He started work on that star so that it would be ready to celebrate the birth of Jesus. I like to think of that star as a sort of birthday present for Jesus-He got his own star!
Jesus is the LIGHT of the world, and that is why the new star is so important to me. It is a beautiful symbol of the new Light that came into the world when Jesus was born. The wise men followed the light of that star and found the Christ child and were then able to worship Him. That light still shines today, and we too can follow that light to find Christ and worship Him. Truly, wise men still seek Him. The light of that new star shines in my heart every day, and the twinkling lights of Christmas remind me of that new star, that celebration of the birth of our Savior, our Brother. I am so thankful for that guiding light in my life! And this is why I love the wise men and the new star.
Barenaked Ladies "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings"
"O star of wonder, star of night
star of royal beauty bright.
Westward leading, still proceeding,
guide us to that perfect light"

No comments:
Post a Comment